Tuesday 30 September 2014

The Final Truth

THE FINAL TRUTH
So here I am wearing my heart on my sleeves
To the tip of my fingers tempting to pour out
All its felt but untold emotions on this blank
Piece of paper. Words are still my closest friend,
They know the true story about me and the thoughts
That always crowd my mind when I’m alone with self
Trying to make sense of who I’ve became, and
Who hurt me so bad that I should despise love with all
That it stands for even when I’ve seen one person that my
Heart could be capable to love with all that it’s made of. Trying to
Make sense of things and feelings I always try to
Run away from in broad day light because I do
Not wanna be perceived as weak and emotional.

Words are still my best friends and right now they
Carry my heart and they refuse for me to lie in this poem.
They refuse for me to use them in hiding things.
And they refuse for me to bottle them up in my thoughts.

So here comes the truth in the perfect match of black
And white. Here comes the truth that has blossomed like fresh flowers
Newly sprung in spring. Here comes the truth revealing
The I in me, revealing the self. Here comes the truth, it had
To be told, I’ve sold myself in loneliness and lies for far too
Long now, when all I was longing for was just you.
your warm hands perfectly tucked in mine, your head safely rested
Upon my shoulders, and if you lifted it just one ounce your
Chick will be against mine and I would just long to lift your
Chin; tilt your head till my lips meet yours. This picture is just
All I’ve been constructing in my mind ever since I knew you.

I know this I’ve never told you, and you have studied
Me concluded that I possess a rare phobia of commitment,
Thus I toy around with other people’s emotions but still
Protecting myself.
You have studied me wrong, if you studied me right
You would realise the way I look at you, the way I block
Tears in my eyes every time because I do not know how
To look into your eyes and make you believe that you’ve
Made me feel like I’ve never felt before.
If you studied me right, you would know that I haven’t told
You this because I’m afraid of the fragile woman that you
Are and I find myself not worthy of you.
If you studied me right then you would know that
I love poetry more than life because it gives me life,
Therefore my poetry never lies, and this one just told
The truth of how I really feel about you.
I do love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment