Tuesday 18 November 2014

Pillow Talks are Overrated

Pillow talks are over rated
So in the last days I opted for pillow
Fights like I knew you were gonna
Sip through the cracks of my fingers like
Water because I couldn't cage you, you had to flow.

In the last days, I opted for pillow fights, asking
You between giggles, and unforced laughter
If all sane couples do things we do.
I opted for pillow fights, instead of talking to you
Under sheets and making love to you all day and
All night because that’s overrated.
For a moment, I captured that childlike love
With all of me, for that  instant everything was right.

In the last few days, I opted for pillow fights,
I Chose to read the palm of your hands and guided my fingers
Through your hands examining your hand’s most
 Visible lines and told you:
“This is your life line; it determines how long you gonna live”
“This is your head line; it determines the level of your intelligence”
“This is your heart line; it determines maters of the heart.”
On the palm of your hands, I searched for my name too,
I wondered if I was meant to even look your way.
I imagined you as a screaming infant newly brought
To life, if angels gathered for your christening and
On purpose, wrote our fate on your hands.
At that moment, I pushed doubt away, pulled
Faith closer and as I poked you, pulled, teased you
Prayed to God that you are the woman I want
To raise my kids.

In the last few days, I opted for pillow fights,
And watching wrestling matches, sipping black tea
And playing Facebook games… this was contentment.

But I guess, I was never right. I missed certain
Chapters of this fairy-tale. I skipped to my desired end,
Meanwhile between the pages, this was a sham and
Came crumbling down.
Cinderella never existed.

In the last few days, I opted for pillow fights

Because pillow talks are overrated. 

5 comments: