Tuesday 18 November 2014

You Still Insist I Don't Think of You in My future.

I've stood countless nights
Counting stars. Pointing each one
With hands that hold you tight and
Caress you day and night even in
My dreams and thoughts about you.
I point each twinkling being and name each
And everyone of them after you.
Coz' when i'm walking under the dark sky
When the sun has rested beyond the west horizon
Stars come out to shine and every time they
Do, I think of them as you looking down
At me with a watchful eye that sprinkles
Love from all dimensions of the universe.

And you say I don't think of you in my future.

I walked on the Indian Ocean beach sands
Collecting shells. With teary eyes I gave them names.
Every time I threw one back into the roaring Ocean
I spoke on them and made wishes.
I threw the first one called LOVE and silently whispered to it:
“as long as I cant get you back from the deep
Ends of this Ocean, I shall love her. She shall be
One with me as you are one with the Ocean”

I threw the second one called FAITH, I spoke
To it with memories of you gashing through
My brains and I saw your vivid smile and said to it
“As long as I cant get you back from the deep
Ends of this ocean, I shall have Faith in us.
I shall be one with her as you are one with this ocean.”
Then the others followed. Trust, Time, Truth, Lifetime.

And you say I don’t think of you in my future.

I've battled with my ancestors in my dream
Begging for them to rest my calling,
I've begged them on the edges of where they dwell
And asked them to accept you as their ancestral
Wife, and they swore, looking down at me with 
Eyes full of fury that they will send rage down on me.
Still I knelt before them and narrated the way
You are a God given gift to me.
The way you warm me up every time I feel
Your genuine love through your heart beat.
The way you are the woman that gave birth
To my son and knew that, time will glue us together
As one family. I begged them clapping hands, refusing bones
and their divinity, Pushing them away from my locks. I told them.
“ngiyisizukulwane senu, ubizo lwenu ngzolwamukela
Kepha ngamukeleni nginje, akekho engfun ukumthanda
Ngaphandle kwakhe.”


And you still insist I don’t think of you in my future.

No comments:

Post a Comment